TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Ugh! Which one is it ?!?!
People Seeking Info

Subject Ugh! Which one is it ?!?!

Posted by xxbulovax91xx on February 13, 2004 at 8:38 PM
  This message has been viewed 513 times.

Message Alright guys. So I'm on my quest to order the 97+ Spec transmission for my Z but this is easier said than done. Here's the problem:

Since dealerships in America need a part # to get this part it is imparetive I get it right. Through search and e mailing about 4-5 people.. I am still just as lost as I was when I started.

Courtesy Parts said the transmission listed on their site for sale is a 95+ transmission and they go on to say that it is THE strongest transmission in both America and Japan. But from what I understand in 97 they changed the synchros, hence 97 is stronger. So I'm tending to think Courtesy is wrong in their claim if they're in fact selling a 95+ tranny

Next I turned to YugoBernie who said the 97+ spec tranny's part # is : 32010-45P61. However upon search I found a post from him in April saying that the part # on a 97+ spec tranny is 32010-54P21. I e mailed him and asked him about the conflicting information and he said that the 45P61 IS infact the right part number.

Still not feeling 100% I e mailed Seb from Specialty Z since I know he has the 97+ transmission in his car. He e mailed me back saying that 32010-54P21 is the correct part number. I also e mailed Chris(NJ) about what part number he has for his transmission but he said he's been busy and hasn't gotten back to me yet, which is understandable.

So TwinTurbo.NET.... Now my question is this: Because of all the confusion I'm holding off ordering until I'm 100% sure I'm getting what I want, as this is not a cheap purchase. I want a 97+ spec 5 speed transmission. I DO NOT want a 95+. So I ask now.. which one is it??? 32010-54P21 or 32010-45P61?? Also.. I would REALLY like to know the difference between those two part numbers now that there's been so many conflicting answers. Thanks much and also thanks to everyone (Yugo, Seb, Chris, and everyone else that has helped answer my question).

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo Stage 2+
1990 Mazda B2200 SE-5 Pick Up

a real turbo. nice, but lag will still own you. (n/m) - Halo Z 15:27:33 10/21/03
its just foreplay (n/m) - joel(PA) 15:33:48 10/21/03

"...doesnt say TwinTurbo.NET - Forums and more for the
1990+ Nissan 300ZX enthusiast and other shit."
- genic 15:07:34 04/29/03

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.